Charlie Slavin Research Fund
Slavin Applications will be considered as they are received, please allow at least three weeks for application processing.
The Charlie Slavin Fund was established with a gift from Charlie’s wife, Nancy Hall, and many of Charlie’s family, friends and colleagues from across the country after his unexpected death in 2012. This fund provides support for undergraduate research (e.g. field work, surveys, laboratory experiments, library research, analysis, travel, equipment) being conducted by students in the Honors College.
A full fund description can be found here.
- The maximum amount for a grant request is $300.
- All undergraduate Honors students in good standing are eligible.
- Students are eligible to receive more than one grant as long as the total is no more than $300.
- Grants must be used for research-related expenses.
- Special exceptions to the above guidelines will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Fill out the online application here
- Be sure to attach a project description and budget
- To be considered for funding, application packages must include:
- completed application form with attached project description and budget
- Applicants will be notified as to the decision on their proposals no later than two weeks after the submission deadline.
- The Honors College reserves the right to fund proposals at amounts less than the total requested.
- Awardees are required to submit a final report on their use of the grant funds to the Honors College by the end of the academic year in which the award was made.
- Acknowledgement of the Charlie Slavin Research Fund should be included in any posters, publications, etc. that result from the supported work: “This work was made possible in part by the support of the Charlie Slavin Research Fund.”