Emeritus Professor of History
B.A. University of Tel Aviv
M.A. & Ph.D. University of California, Los Angeles
- Why I teach in Honors:
1. It varies my teaching/courses;
2. I enjoy the small class discussions which differ from my lecture classes;
3. Gives me an opportunity to read new books and learn new topics.
- My philosophy for teaching in Honors:
1. Challenge students through stimulating discussions;
2. Make sure students understand the text and the historical background that provides a better understanding of the text and the reasons for its writing;
3. Demand that students particpate in class discussions and submit written assignments.
- Recent Honors lectures:
The Social Contract and Discourse on the Origin of Inequality, Rosseau (Hon 211)