Barbara A. Ouellette Honors Thesis Fellowship
Award amount: Up to $500
The Barbara A. Ouellette Honors Thesis Fellowship Fund was established at the University of Maine Foundation in 2015 with gifts from Honors College alumni, and the colleagues, friends and family of Barbara A. Ouellette upon the occasion of her retirement from her position as the Assistant Dean of the Honors College. Barbara served the University for over thirty years and demonstrated unparalleled professionalism, knowledge, commitment and compassion toward students.
The Barbara A. Ouellette thesis fellowship will be awarded to an Honors thesis student in good standing. The thesis topic may be in any area of study.
- Financial need may be considered in the decision-making process.
- To be eligible, a student must:
- be enrolled in HON 498
- have completed all prior Honors curriculum requirements by the year of the fellowship,
- and be in good standing in the Honors College (GPA greater than or equal to 3.30).
- Students should be up to date with thesis forms at the time of the application
- The fellowship committee may consider special exceptions to the above guidelines on a case-by-case basis and reserves the right not to make an award in a given year if there are no suitable applicants.
The fellowship committee will notify students who have been selected for this award.
- Acknowledgement of the Barbara A. Ouellette Honors Thesis Fellowship should be included in any posters, publications, the thesis itself, etc. that result from the supported work: “This work was made possible in part by the support of the Barbara A. Ouellette Honors Thesis Fellowship”
Questions? Email the Honors College (email@example.com)