Steven F. Cohn Honors Thesis Fellowship
Award amount: Up to $500
The Steven F. Cohn Thesis Fellowship Fund was established at the University of Maine with gifts from faculty, friends, and alumni in memory of Steve Cohn, UMaine Sociology and Honors Professor, as a tribute to his life and legacy on the Department of Sociology and Honors College. Professor Cohn came to UMaine in 1971, retiring in 2014. In a world where too many people look for the worst in each other, he looked for the best in everyone, and for more than forty years he was the most congenial and beloved colleague and teacher that any department could have ever hoped for.
- Financial need may be considered in the decision-making process.
- To be eligible, a student must:
- be enrolled in HON 498
- have completed all prior Honors curriculum requirements by the year of the fellowship,
- and be in good standing in the Honors College (GPA greater than or equal to 3.30).
- Students should be up to date with thesis forms at the time of the application
- The fellowship committee may consider special exceptions to the above guidelines on a case-by-case basis and reserves the right not to make an award in a given year if there are no suitable applicants.
The fellowship committee will notify students who have been selected for this award.
- Acknowledgement of the Steven F. Cohn Thesis Fellowship should be included in any posters, publications, the thesis itself, etc. that result from the supported work: “This work was made possible in part by the support of the Steven F. Cohn Thesis Fellowship.”
Questions? Email the Honors College (firstname.lastname@example.org)