Thomas E. Lynch 38′ Honors Thesis Scholarship
Award amount: Up to $1500
Thomas E. Lynch graduated from the University of Maine in 1938 with a degree in electrical engineering, and in 1983, he was awarded the Alumni Association Career Award. Thomas E. Lynch ’38 thesis fellowships will be awarded to Honors thesis students in good standing. The thesis topic may be in any area of study.
- Financial need may be considered in the decision-making process.
- To be eligible, a student must:
- be enrolled in HON 498
- have completed all prior Honors curriculum requirements by the year of the fellowship,
- and be in good standing in the Honors College (GPA greater than or equal to 3.30).
- Students should be up to date with thesis forms at the time of the application
- The fellowship committee may consider special exceptions to the above guidelines on a case-by-case basis and reserves the right not to make an award in a given year if there are no suitable applicants.
The fellowship committee will notify students who have been selected for this award.
- Acknowledgement of the Thomas E. Lynch scholarship should be included in any posters, publications, the thesis itself, etc. that result from the supported work: “This work was made possible in part by the support of the Thomas E. Lynch scholarship”
Questions? Email the Honors College (email@example.com)