The “IT’S PERSONAL” Campaign
by the Honors Student Ambassadors
Help donate to those in need and support the Black Bear Exchange by collecting donations of personal care items in a friendly, campus-wide competition!
- Groups sign up by March 1, 2021
- Donation competition runs March 8 – April 28, 2021 (Maine Day)
- Groups will collect donations for personal care items. You can support your favorite student or administrative team by helping them collect the most personal care items to win the competition!
- Donation examples: shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, soap, toothpaste, floss, lotion, feminine hygiene products, etc.
- All donations will make their way to the Black Bear Exchange, and out to members of our community.
- The team with the most donations collected by Maine Day will win a special trophy!
Winner of the 2021 It’s Personal Campaign:
We are pleased to announce that Fogler Library has won the It’s Personal competition! In recognition, they will be receiving the It’s Personal trophy – the largest toothbrush ever to be 3D printed at UMaine.
We collected over 3600 products plus dozens of handmade masks for donation to the Black Bear Exchange. Congratulations to all of our teams’, whose hard work and generosity made that achievement possible. And we want to give a shout out to some stand out participants: the Honors College donated hundreds of items; the Financial Aid team brought in so many masks; the Senior Skulls team had the strongest first round of any team; while the Chemistry Department was relentless in bringing in donations each week and the Honors Student Advisory Board rallied strong and brought in almost 500 items. From Beta Theta Pi to Student Life, each team contributed in major ways to the success of this campaign, and we would like to thank every one of you for your support and your dedication to our campus community.
The Honors College Student Ambassadors look forward to hosting the It’s Personal campaign next fall, so stay tuned and make sure your team is training hard in the offseason.
Fantastic work Black Bears.